Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 2: The Basics

Today I went to the grocery store to pick up "the basics" with an intent of trying a new recipe everyday from the book. The recipe I tried for today was delicious and surprisingly simple!

Banana Almond Lettuce Wrap
1/4 raw almond butter
12 romaine lettuce leaves
2 bananas, thinly sliced

Spread about 1 teaspoon cashew butter on each lettuce leaf. Lay a few banana slices on the butter and roll up like a burrito.

According to the book I'm reading, the MD states as a good rule of thumb, a man should not have more than one-half inch of skin that he can pinch near his belly button and woman should have no more than an inch, almost any fat on the body over that minimum is a health risk. If that's true I'm definitely at risk!

Also, he says that a common formula for determining ideal body weight is approx 95 lbs for the first five feet of height and then four pounds for every inch thereafter (for a woman). So, that means at 5'2" my ideal weight is 103 lbs. ?!? Seems a little extreme to me, but we'll see how close I get after the first six weeks! I weighed myself on the Wii today, and as of now I'm 124 lbs.

Oh yeah, I picked up a whole bunch of types of beans today but I have never cooked any in my entire life. Does anyone have any tasty recipes for beans? I'm soaking black beans right now.



to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment