Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day:#*&#$#*&!! Fuuuuuudge!

Ok, ok so I might have jumped off the Nutritarian band wagon for awhile. 2 weeks to be exact. And I know exactly how it happened! I ran out of the "good nutritious" food that we grocery shopped for and instead of dragging my butt to the store I started to buy food daily from the multitude of restaurants nearby because I was too lazy. Can I help it if grocery shopping is such a production? But, now that I know exactly how it happened, I can definitely work to prevent it in the future!

 My Aunt Linda made me some yummy tofu soup!! Tofu, carrots, corn, dried mushrooms, green beans and some Asian root I forgot the name of. The mushrooms I loved! Since they were dried beforehand they had this really chewy texture to them that reminded me of meat.

To be fair, it hasn't been a total vacation from healthier foods. My overall consumption of meat has been lowered throughout this whole process, and I have been making healthier choices overall, just not to the extent that I have been meaning to. Since the beginning of this week however I have been back on the nutritarian way of eating, and I must say it's nice! I dragged my butt onto the Wii Fit a couple of days ago prepared for the Wii to tell me I'm fat and to demand a reason for my weight gain, yada yada yada but to my pleasant surprise, I've lost! In fact, my weight is lower than it has been in years! Partly I think I have Mario to thank for that. You see whenever he leaves for a long period of time I usually end up losing lbs because, well, he's my fat buddy! If I  were to eat like the way we normally do by myself I feel like, well, a fat kid nom nom nom nom nom! And not to mention I am still not drinking! It's been over a month and a half now and missing it less and less.



Anywhoo, just wanted to write a quick update. I'm really just procrastinating on studying. I plan on trying a few new recipes soon, so I'll write another blog with the recipe. Has anyone tried any of the other recipes I posted yet? I plan on making some banana walnut ice cream now, yum! Check out the recipe in an earlier blog if your interested.

XOXO

Em

2 comments:

  1. Ms. Emily!! It's me Ruth, your nutritarian friend who has been rude and remiss in getting back to you. Matthew and I came home from France and have been extraordinarily busy BUT I am here and have a new great schedule which will allow me to be much more available to support my new nutritarian friends and write more about the importance of nutrition and wellness. It appears you haven't been writing either recently and I'm hoping we can keep in touch and continue on this path...hopefully inspiring others to try as well : )
    Keep up the good work. I'm going now, to read each of your blog entries. How exciting!
    Hope to hear from you soon and please please please forgive my delay in getting back to you.
    Warmest regards, Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made the banana walnut ice cream and am eating it as I read your blog (for the first time). I added a bit of powdered dark chocolate & it is as good if not better than any ice cream that I have ever eaten!

    ReplyDelete